- This event has passed.
SAT Prep Class for June 5th, 2021 test date
April 3$104.00 – $755.00
SAT Prep Class Registration for June 5th, 2021 test date
Multiple Session Class
High School students that are preparing for the Collegeboard SAT test.
- Official SAT Practice Exams- Released College Board practice tests with detailed reports.
- 27 hours of customized learning- Our SAT Prep small group classes are maximum of 8 students.
- Taught by expert licensed teachers- Your student will be instructed by two different tutors, one Math expert and one English expert. Meet the teachers of this class.
- Interactive Instruction- Detailed discussions and lessons on math and reading portions of the test.
- Test-taking strategies- Students will learn valuable test-taking strategies and how to manage the timing of the SAT.
- Proven successful results- We have designed a customized curriculum with proven successful results for over 9 years.
Max of 8 students
Full Class Schedule:
|English – 5/31||Mon.||6:30-7:30pm|
|Math – 6/2||Wed.||6:30-7:30pm|
**Note that there is class on some dates even though some schools in the area do not have school that day or half days
Client Specialist | SAT/ACT Prep, Middle and High School English Tutor
Mrs. Cannavo graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in Psychology. She spent eight years managing a longitudinal research project on Adolescent Development which helped her develop a deep understanding of the science of the teenage brain, as well as how to harness and encourage their motivation. Mrs. Cannavo realized that as much as she liked studying teenagers, she would find more satisfaction in having direct relationships with them through teaching. She completed a Career Switcher Program at Shenandoah University through the Department of Education, and currently teaches English at Riverbend High School. She finds deep satisfaction in helping her students become better writers and find their own voice, as well as helping them find books they enjoy and aiding them in increasing their literary analysis skills. Mrs. Cannavo strives to facilitate students’ growth by helping them realize and harness their potential. In her free time Mrs. Cannavo enjoys reading, having game nights with friends, and hiking with her husband.
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from the University of Virginia
Teaches: English, Math, and Study Skills
Jim Slane, M.ED.
SAT/ACT Prep, Middle and High School Math Tutor
Mr. Slane graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania in 2008 with a degree in Secondary Mathematics Education. He has a Masters Degree as a Mathematics Specialist through the University of Virginia. Mr. Slane has been teaching for seven years. He has taught: 8th-grade math, Algebra and Geometry, but is qualified for mathematics in grades 7-12. This year, he is enjoying his first year as a Math Specialist for Spotsylvania County Public Schools. He spent several seasons coaching both girls and boys basketball at the middle school level. Mr. Slane enjoys tutoring because it gives him the opportunity to interact with students even though he is out of the classroom and working with teachers as a math specialist. He finds it very rewarding to help students finally “get it” and start seeing success. Mr. Slane is married with one daughter and another of the way! Some of Mr. Slane’s greatest accomplishments are being a husband and father and earning his Master’s degree.