Mr. Chaves is an extremely gifted chemistry teacher. It’s such a difficult subject–my son was drowning by the time we found PLZ. This was truly a last ditch effort on our part. Mr. Chaves was able to turn that ship around after only 4 lessons and my son passed the SOL! He was able to distill difficult concepts in a way that made them comprehensible and he was patient and kind and gave my son the confidence to succeed. His actual eacher expressed surprise and made a point of telling him he didn’t know how he did it but he was impressed. It takes a gifted teacher to get results like that.I only wish we’d found PLZ and Mr. Chaves in the beginning of the school year.
As featured on:
- Student Self-Regulation Relies on Metacognition
- How to Use Deliberate Practice in the Classroom
- What Are Executive Functioning Skills?
- What do I do if my child doesn’t know a sound when we are reading together?
- How Do We Prepare for the Upcoming School Year When We Don’t Know What It’s Going to Look Like? Part III